"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

4.5.07

I wanna be on a bike

I actually wrote this last year, in the dead of winter...thought I'd post it here, finally. This will be the first of several archival posts from my old myspace blogs.

------------------

I wanna be on a bike. With no shirt on. Just shorts and sunglasses. Flying.

I want it to be summer. To be hot outside. A hot, humid dusky evening. Really hot, where you get sweaty from moving just a little. I want to see a storm in the distance. With big grey feathers of rain coming down from it. And see the red/orange light from the sunset reflecting off of it. I wanna feel a breeze from it coming up behind me, pushing me gently, easing the pain in my legs and cooling my wet skin. To look down and be hypnotized by the white line passing under my circling feet. And look up and not recognize where I am.

I wanna hear my breathing, smell a barbeque, see a big dog, feel leather on my hands, and taste cold water.

I wanna be on a bike.

No comments: