"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

25.5.09

I'll stop being the drama queen...

...I ended up making $120 this weekend. After all of us went to bed Sunday night dejected and feeling like complete losers, we all turned our road trip around today in Rock Island. Seth finished in the top 50 of his Pro/1/2 field, Peter took 2nd in an absolutely blistering break in a rain-soaked 3s race, dropping two other riders and finishing with a gap of almost a minute. Noelle stayed with her group and finished so strong she nearly broke her bike (and her collarbone...) And, oh yeah...I led out Seegs FTW in the Masters 30+ 4/5, keeping sloppy thirds for myself, and he returned the favor in the 4s race, netting me 6th. It would've also been FTW had those damn juniors not had a gap for the on the last lap. We nearly closed it but those last two turns are too close the line.

Pictures soon.

1 comment:

allenpg said...

Wacky weekend...but good show! Injuries mount (I know that sucks), but results come through. BTW, nice job with podium finish. I thought Seegs was Cat 2 by now? Oh, well...he at least should be a 3...sandbagger...:) And, it's only May...CX is still 4 months away!