"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

17.4.07

Axed

If you have been walking down the Mag Mile at all this week, you've certainly noticed the giant inflatable Axe Body Spray can that was in the middle of Tribune Plaza, complete with mini-skirted 18-year old "actresses" jumping around inside it, much like the Moonwalk at the carnival. Written on the side of it: "Now, With Added "Bom Chicka Wah Wah." What great place for this thing, four blocks down from the Disney Store.

Anyhow, notice I say, "was."

I was walking back from the bank about an hour ago and just happened to glance at it when a huge gust of wind blew the thing nearly sideways. Almost immediately, the top of the monstrosity split open with a huge "bang!" and immediately collapsed to the southeast down onto the grey-tiled plaza. I just stood there gaping for a couple seconds, then started applauding and whistling.

Made my day. I hope who's ever idea that was is getting shit-canned at this moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fucking brilliant. I wish I could've been there to witness it.

Also, do you know anyone over age 25 who uses that stuff? I don't, personally, but whenever I see dudes in their 30s buying it at CVS, I have to wonder what they're thinking.