"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

17.8.09

And so it goes...

...in the end, my dog is still more scared of the trains than the planes. And he is glad to be back home. Nothing personal to the Lincoln Park neighborhood, but if he had to walk underneath the El one more time, he was going to tear the seat out of a pair of khaki shorts coming out of State.

By the way, could that place use a few more televisions.

This girl. She's got me. Got me good.

It was good to have Jeff out on the road again. He's back, officially, finally, after a long recovery. We left early for a good 80 beautiful, late summer, long golden sunrise miles on Saturday morning, and he held his own - none too soon. Our favorite event of the season, the last event of the season, for me, anyways, is less than a month away. The 4 Man Team Time Trial. We did this together last year, and we promised we'd do it again. I know he's got a plan, and it shows that he's been following it. I also plan on driving his ass and getting as much out him as I can in time for this race. Hup, Jeff! HUP!



And speaking of planes, I caught the airshow down on the beach for the first time in probably 10 years yesterday. For a pacifist who hates the military-industrial-complex more than almost anything, I sure do love to watch those fast, loud planes.

Planes are sexy.

No comments: