"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

4.11.09

Hump Day

Spiced Pumpkin Pie or Iced Gingerbread?



First time I've ever done this, but man I love Clif! They are a major sponsor of my cycling team, and I just couldn't be more grateful. A super-friendly rep showed up to the team meeting meeting last night and bestowed us with a bunch of free product, including the seasonal-flavors us Clif-geeks wait all year for. We all wish they'd make these year-round, but there's a reason Christmas only comes once a year: it's all the more special.

I actually had the Cranberry Orange Nut Bread after my ride to Northbrook this morning and, I'm not kidding, it almost tasted as good my mom's.

----------

Mundial or Nuevo Leon? The Chicago Cycling Examiner covers Pilsen.

----------

Red Vines or Twizzlers?

When I was kid, at the movies I'd use a Red Vines to drink my Coke with. The only thing that tasted better than that were the burps after.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Blueberry crunch clif bars are also damn good. Seasonal.

Red Vines! Don't know how people eat twizzlers. Tastes like plastic!

brianfmorrissey said...

Blueberry is available year round, yo! @ Trader Joe's and REI I have 'em in my jersey pocket in June!

Had the spiced pumpkin pie just a bit ago after pulling up to work. Not nearly as pumpkin-y as yesterday's bar was cranberry...uh...y.

allenpg said...

I'm convinced that their Shot Bloks are laced with narcotics. I can't think of any other reason why they are so addicting.

brianfmorrissey said...

they taste like Whoppers, that's why. And we all know Whoppers are crack.

brianfmorrissey said...

Oh, bloks. I meant Rocks.