"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

7.7.09

Headed to bed...

...for an EARLY date with 24 minutes of pain at Montrose Harbor. I'll leave you with this:

Riding down Elston, headed home from work today, I decided I wanted a cone from Suzie's Drive-in just west on Montrose. No sooner had the tasty little vision of that drippy, chocolate delight popped in my head than a drippy, chocolate ice cream vendor popped out from between two cars. I dodged him at the last minute, but...eh? Eh?!

Anyway, Suzie's.

What a piece of work THAT fuckin' joint is. Great ice cream. Even better fries. Pretty good burgers too. Tacos, I think are a staple. My friend Rudy always calls it "Suzie's Tacos." But their customer service is EPICALLY bad. The first two minutes in all I got served was a mean stare by the teenaged girl working the drive-thru before Suzie (I can only presume) told her to "move her fuckin' ass."

Good thing their ice cream is so tasty.

No comments: