"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

4.11.09

Hump Day

Spiced Pumpkin Pie or Iced Gingerbread?



First time I've ever done this, but man I love Clif! They are a major sponsor of my cycling team, and I just couldn't be more grateful. A super-friendly rep showed up to the team meeting meeting last night and bestowed us with a bunch of free product, including the seasonal-flavors us Clif-geeks wait all year for. We all wish they'd make these year-round, but there's a reason Christmas only comes once a year: it's all the more special.

I actually had the Cranberry Orange Nut Bread after my ride to Northbrook this morning and, I'm not kidding, it almost tasted as good my mom's.

----------

Mundial or Nuevo Leon? The Chicago Cycling Examiner covers Pilsen.

----------

Red Vines or Twizzlers?

When I was kid, at the movies I'd use a Red Vines to drink my Coke with. The only thing that tasted better than that were the burps after.

5 comments:

Jeff of MargaretAndJeff said...

Blueberry crunch clif bars are also damn good. Seasonal.

Red Vines! Don't know how people eat twizzlers. Tastes like plastic!

The Car Whisperer said...

Blueberry is available year round, yo! @ Trader Joe's and REI I have 'em in my jersey pocket in June!

Had the spiced pumpkin pie just a bit ago after pulling up to work. Not nearly as pumpkin-y as yesterday's bar was cranberry...uh...y.

allenpg said...

I'm convinced that their Shot Bloks are laced with narcotics. I can't think of any other reason why they are so addicting.

The Car Whisperer said...

they taste like Whoppers, that's why. And we all know Whoppers are crack.

The Car Whisperer said...

Oh, bloks. I meant Rocks.