"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

22.5.08

Appreciation

To my Darling Dame of the Velo Urbane:

So much of the time it is, "me, me, me."

This I now realize.

All we say for hours on end is, "bike, bike, bike."

And ignore you, and demoralize.

Italian and French men you've never known,

At your expense, we canonize.

And worst of all we never give thanks.

For that, I apologize.

And now it's time to recognize.


That we take all that pain through course of the race

So we can come home to the smile on your face.

We're gone all those weekends, to not see you at all

To make us seem stronger and 20 feet tall

We're guys afterall, just playing King of Hill

Because in the end, we all want the girl.

But to have you there, is beyond any measure.

To hear your cheers, turns agony to pleasure.

I will never again pass over your due,

Even on the ride out, the front seat is for you.

1 comment:

The Olive Creative said...

Thanks...oh, and I have a gift for you.


It's my heart, always.