"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

2.7.07

How can I sleep, knowing someone else will never wake up again?

We all take our own lives into our hands every time we go out and swim with those roving steel sharks. It's the only thing we can control: our own safety. And when even that is taken away from us, we are left naked and helpless as the day we came into this world, yet the ones crying are the legion of grieving we have left in our wake.

I was a callous, shortsighted, self-centered, worthless son-of-a-bitch and it's taken the life of a someone I'd barely just been able to call a friend to make me realize that being ALIVE means more than anything else on earth.

Go well, Beth. I know I only met you last week, but your kind words and beautiful smile brightened up that rainy day for all of us, and will stay with me forever.