"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

24.7.07

I think it's time

I didn't see the sun today, wrapped in the foggy gauze of pain
It looked to be a promising day, I was full of hope last night
Instead I woke to a throbbing ache and intermittent falling rain
My soul was cramping with my body, empty of any more fight

It's not time for the dreams to die, instead they need to age
To sit on the shelf like fine French wine, to grow to life in the dark
The sun might be missed, but we can live on, scream and rage
Good-natured, to find the soul that just began to miss the mark

The sun will rise again, at night, while all your friends are fast asleep.
You won't feel tired, groggy, or grumpy, and you will jump to your feet
At the chance to begin to build anew, to sow, and tend, and reap
The fruit of my dreams will grow tall and strong in the light of the summer heat.

No comments: