"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

7.8.07

Fat Bottomed Girls

Last year I purchased a mint copy of Queen's Jazz off of ebay. I wanted the Bicycle Races poster that came with it.



I am finally getting it framed.

Having a really rough day at work today, and I am listening to "FBG" right now, via iTunes. Nothing picks me up faster. But I will also note that this LP is one of the best sounding recordings I have. It's richer than fresh gelato and deeper than the Grand Canyon. It's so alive with sound my living room is literally shaking. And sometimes I just like to open the album casing and stare at the 2 cover spread picture of their recording studio, and drool. But not as much as over the poster.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

PLEASE POST IT BIGGER!!!!! I used to have that album but it left

Listening to Queen today on You Tube.

brianfmorrissey said...

hmmmm...if you click on the actual file is visable. I will see if I can find a bigger one. My actual poster I have framed is in mint condition. On race day I stare at it and listen to "Diesel Power" by Prodigy.

takkeherrie said...

Here is a bigger one:
http://luthor.altervista.org/queen01.jpg
(Just remove the ugly logo in the left lower corner)
In fact I'm having a poster made about 1,5 to 2 times bigger than the original poster (lying in front of me now) for a friend of mine, a big cycling fan who's turning 50. And yes: it is an awesome recording!
Fat Bottomed Girls! (ride 'em!)