"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

16.8.07

Good Morning, Chicago

I thought, just for a second, about getting out of bed this morning at quarter-to-five and joining some teammates for their early morning interval session at Montrose Harbor. Then I felt the cool sheets on my cheek and I hugged my blanket like a four year old and rolled over. I still managed to get up at 6 and roll out around 6:30. Coffee First. I wanted to get a picture of the city at sunrise - and although too late for that, it was still a nice view down around Diversey Harbor. The orange glow filtered through the haze and splashed lightly off of the buildings. I pulled off and got out my digital camera. Only to find out the batteries were dead.

I have to got to get better at making sure I have power in that damn thing when I need it. I lead an interesting enough life and take decent enough pictures that it is worth it to always have the camera at the ready. So next week I'll post one. It'll be better anyways. I originally wanted to get up at 5:30 and ride south to 55th, and then over to Sherman Park for a little pre-race riding. I think I'll do this a couple times next week. I've fallen out of the habit of getting up before 7:30 lately, so up at 6am was pretty good, relatively speaking.

Funny that today I missed my regular route downtown. I wonder if anybody else saw this: my cube neighbor April said her friend, who works at a bakery, got his hands on a bunch of leftover bread last night, and so he decided to make breakfast. As in, French Toast for every bike commuter that passed through Milwaukee and Division this morning.

Mmmmmmm. French Toast. I will get some this weekend. I can't wait to go to Milwaukee this weekend. Not specifically for French Toast, but I guess I can get some at George Webb. Actually going for my family reunion.

And speaking of getting served, look at this. Only in Japan could this many people be in the water at the same time and not have a riot.

No comments: