"It never gets any easier. You just go faster." ---Greg Lemond
"Don't buy upgrades. Ride up grades." --- Eddy Merckx
"You drive like shit." ---The Car Whisperer

12.2.08

Motivation

Hillsboro Roubaix registration opened today...and within the day the Category 5 (22 miles) and 4/5 (44 miles) filled up, and the Cat 3/4 (66 miles) field is getting close.




This will be my first full season, and I missed this race last year, but I had to call a few teammates to make sure they were on it...my guess is the level of interest is significantly higher. I'd bet brother Luke's website has had more than a bit to do with that.

So...

25 days to San Luis Obispo and this race is 2 weeks after we get back.

I'm in the 4/5s with several very strong, motivated teammates who've been training all winter long and going stir crazy on the gerbil wheel.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong.

No comments: